Tuesday, January 22, 2013

On our way through Florida

We quickly drove through Louisianna and Mississippi.  The most I could say about those states was they were cold and very wet.  It rained nonstop.




In Panama City, we went to Ripley's Believe it Or Not.  This gentleman was the tallest man to ever live.  Sure makes me look little.   And here I thought my college professor who was 7 ft. tall made me feel small.  The beaches in Mexico Beach are so white they look like snow from a distance. This is on the Golf side.Did you know that Ponderosa Pines grow there all over just like back at home, except for one difference.  They bundle the needles and use them instead of beauty bark.  I think this is a good thing.  It sure would be a cheaper, and lets face it, nothing will grow under pine needles.  They put about 6" layer around their shrub areas.  It actually does not look bad.  Those palm trees were just so cool, they looked so almost man-made.   To perfect.  They really are beautiful.  God really is creative and very artistic in his designs.

The most I can say about Tallahassee is they have a good hospital.  We spent the better part of a day there.  I had been running a fever around 103 for several days.  I could not get it to break.  It is just a virus.  It is NOT the flu.  It should have only lasted about 3 days.  I am now going on 8 days.  I am getting really good at ibuprofen an tylenol.  It is getting old.  It makes site seeing really hard to do.  My energy level is zero.  

No comments:

Post a Comment